[asterisk-users] AGI script dies after receivefax

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Feb 19 06:22:37 CST 2011

On 02/18/2011 07:30 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a perl agi script that exec()'s the FFA version of receivefax
> to... receive a fax.
>
> However, after the fax is received, the script seems to die.
>
> This is what I have:
>
> $main::agi->exec("receivefax","/tmp/${$}.tiff|fs");
> $main::agi->verbose("FAX COMPLETE",1);
>
> I never see the "FAX COMPLETE" message on the console, I've set verbose
> to 25. Any ideas? I'd like to take the next few instructions to log
> success/failure.

Like many Asterisk dialplan applications, ReceiveFAX causes the channel
to be hung up when it completes its work. You may have to take special
steps to keep your AGI script alive in that situation,,, but someone who
knows more about AGI would have to chime in. It would also help if you
indicated what version of Asterisk you are using, since there are quite
a few and their behavior in this situation could be different.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com