[asterisk-users] Newbie´s question about Asterisk...

Francisco Javier Cintrón Olguín fcintrono at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:26:16 CST 2011

First of all, thank you for your help.

I was seing Cisco and Linsys web sites and I just came across this 2
devices:

Linksys SPA8000 8 phone ports, 1 port ethernet.
Cisco SPA8800 4 phone ports, 4 lines, 1 port ethernet.

I think they could work for us, because I need maximum 10 normal phones and
4 PSTN lines. Besides with these devices I could use my normal phones, so I
would not need additional wiring.

So far, this is the list  to evaluate the costs of this Linux PBX solution:

1 HP Proliant Micro Server
1 Linksys SPA8000
1 Cisco SPA8800
1 UPS
1 switch 16 ports( we use a 8 port switch)
1 shelf rack
3 patch cords.

I just have 3 doubts:

   1. What do you think about Linksys SPA8000 and Linksys SPA8800, are they
   good solutions in my case?
   2. What do you think about this list, am I missing something?
   3. I am thinking to buy a switch with VLANS to have one VLAN for my PBX,
   what do you think about this, is it necessary?

Thank you for your kind help.