[asterisk-users] [1.4/AGI] CHANNEL STATUS never "down & available"?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Fri Feb 18 10:38:21 CST 2011

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:11:18 +0100, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
wrote:
>>I'm guessing you would have better luck kicking off an external process
>>that checks the channel status via AMI.
>
>Yes, it looks like it's not possible to reuse the FXO from either
>extensions.conf or through an AGI script.

I'm not having much luck with AMI: After typing the right commands, it
just stays there, not replying to the Login action:

================= /etc/asterisk> cat manager.conf
[general]
enabled = yes
webenabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

[admin]
secret=test
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
================= Telnet to TCP5038
Action: Login
Username: admin
Secret: secret
<just stays there, waiting>
================= CLI
CLI> manager show commands
Action           Privilege        Synopsis
Hangup           call,all         Hangup Channel
ListCommands     <none>           List available manager commands
Logoff           <none>           Logoff Manager
MailboxCount     call,all         Check Mailbox Message Count

It's odd that the Login command is not listed. FWIW, it's Asterisk
1.4.20.

Has someone seen this behavior and knows how to solve this?

Thank you.