[asterisk-users] Newbie´s question about Asterisk...

Francisco Javier Cintrón Olguín fcintrono at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:26:14 CST 2011

Hi, My name is Francisco from México.

Here, in my work we have a very very old panasonic PBX(12 years old). We are
growing and we need to increase our external lines(from 3 to 4) and our
internal lines(from 6 to 10). Besides we need voice mail and voice menu too.

We asked for a quote to our panasonic dealer. The whole thing cost about
4,500 dollars.

My boss just saw a thing called Asterisk this morning looking for options in
Google. He asked my to investigate what this thing called Asterisk is and if
we could save some money using it instead of the panasonic solution. So,
here I am.

I have some experience as linux sysadmin(we have 1 oracle linux server and 1
linux print server) nevertheless I don´t have any idea where and how to
start this evaluation?

Please
Would you give us a clue where to see If Asterisk could work for us?

Thanks for your kind help.