[asterisk-users] Polycom IP335

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 16 20:13:07 CST 2011

On 02/17/2011 12:17 AM, ERIC HERRON wrote:
> I haven’t played with the backlights yet.
>
> One annoyance at a time.

Agreed :)

> To disabled the mwi chirp can be set to silence.
>
> <MESSAGE_WAITING se.pat.misc.1.name="message waiting"
> se.pat.misc.1.inst.1.type="silence" ….

Thanks for the tip Eric. The "MESSAGE_WAITING" part was not what I had
in my config. I'll give it a try.

> I am trying the different firmwares now to see if it makes any difference.

Here's my IP670 config re MWI which works with Asterisk 1.4.something:

<msg
msg.bypassInstantMessage="1"
msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
msg.mwi.1.subscribe="<extension>"
msg.mwi.1.callBack="<VM extension>"
/>

Pressing "Messages" will go straight to Asterisk's VM app and when I
have voicemail I don't see a Msgs softkey.

Have you checked the logfiles (if using e.g. tftp)? If anything was
wrong with the config the logfiles should tell you.

Hope you get it working. Please keep us updated on the list. If you hit
a brick wall I'll fire up my IP335 and have a look too. Imho judging
from user feedback anything moving or scrolling on a phone screen is
annoying, distracts and should be disabled. I find the blinking MWI led
annoying and afaict there's no way to change its behavior.

Regards,
Patrick