[asterisk-users] uptime

Barry Miller asterisk-users at notanet.net
Wed Feb 16 03:03:32 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:39:20PM -0500, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> Now this is what I call uptime...
>
> minipbx*CLI> show uptime
> System uptime: 41 years, 7 weeks, 6 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes, 46 seconds
> Last reload: 8 hours, 3 minutes, 51 seconds
>
> Bizarre bug?

Hi.  I see that 41 years, 7 weeks,...,46 seconds is

	$ TZ=EST5EDT date -d @`dc -e '41 365*7 7*+6+24*3+60*26+60*46+p'`
	Mon Feb 14 22:26:46 EST 2011

about 13 min. before your post, meaning Asterisk apparently used 0 as
its start time when calculating uptime.  How do you set the system time?

Is it possible that Asterisk starts before the time is set?  Do you run
"ntpdate -b" at startup, or set the time by some other means before
the boot completes?

Could this result in some really humorous CDRs?

--
Barry