[asterisk-users] Connect Asterisk to a cell phone

Faisal Hanif faisal at vopium.com
Wed Feb 16 00:40:39 CST 2011

Hi,

Your question is not clear but below are possible answers to your question,

If you want to attach you cell-phone to asterisk you can simply use
chan_mobile. Using Bluetooth with chan_mobile you can connect your
Cell-Phone as FXO and your handsfree as FXS port to asterisk.

If you are asking about a GSM to SIP gateway then yes there are number of
product available that can hold 1-256 SIM and register as SIP gateway to
asterisk for incoming and outgoing calls.

If you are asking about GSM PCI card then also yes there are PCI cards
available for GSM/CDMA/HSPDA for 1-16 SIMs. Can pluged to asterisk PBX
machine and used as FXO device.

Regards,

Faisal Hanif