[asterisk-users] Aastra phones cannot transfer calls?

Ernie Dunbar maillist at lightspeed.ca
Tue Feb 15 14:12:10 CST 2011

I have two Aastra phones, a 6730 and a 6757, both connected to Asterisk
v1.6.2.1. They can call each other's extensions (and make and receive
calls otherwise), but they cannot transfer calls, not even to outside
extensions on the PSTN. The procedure I use is to accept a call on one
phone, press the transfer button, dial the other extension, and then press
"transfer" again after the second extension answers. The transfer appears
to work until I press "transfer" the second time, at which time the Aastra
phone gives the error message "Transfer Failed".

These same phones have no trouble performing this operation on Asterisk
v1.4.23.1.

Is this an issue with Aastra phones, or is it a problem with Asterisk 1.6?