[asterisk-users] Voicemail email attachment as MP3, with tags containing sender name, number, message number

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Feb 15 13:31:03 CST 2011

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Michelle
Dupuis
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:16 PM
To: Asterisk Users List
Subject: [asterisk-users] Voicemail email attachment as MP3, with tags
containing sender name, number, message number

I found some great pieces of script on the internet that I've combined to
allow Asterisk to send voicemails as an MP3 file, and encode the sender name
and number as well as message number as tags into the MP3 file.  I even
include a "cover art" image which has our company logo and PBX symbol in it.

Mobile phone users love it, and Android phones can now play the attachments
(without having to move to the larger WAV format).

If anyone wants to try it out let me know!

Michelle

We are always looking for great new snippets, so let's have a look!