[asterisk-users] Paging a message. How?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Feb 15 12:51:33 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Russell Brown
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:40 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Paging a message. How?

I'm scratching my head trying to work out a way of sending a
pre-recorded message as a 'Page' to a list of phones ( "Oi!  you muppets
you've left the server room door open!" or somesuch message :-)
controlled by an external trigger.

I can do a normal page (phones auto-answer on speaker) with SipAddHeader
but that doesn't let me play a pre-recorded message.

Any suggestions?

--
 Regards,
     Russell

Set up a context to play the message like this
[playit]
Exten => s,1,playback(${ARG1})
Exten => s,n,playback(vm-goodbye)
Exten => s,n,hangup

Then add this to your "normal page" function
Exten => s,n,Goto(playit,s,1)