[asterisk-users] Realtime and Local Channel Crash Problem 1.8.3-rc2

Nic Colledge nic at njcolledge.net
Tue Feb 15 12:15:49 CST 2011

Hi,

I have been having a problem with asterisk crashing when using local channels and realtime on asterisk 1.8.3-rc2.
The example given here is I think the easiest way to reproduce this problem.

In extensions.conf I have:

[internal]
switch => Realtime/extensions/p
exten => 301,1,Answer()
exten => 301,2,Dial(Local/501 at internal)
exten => 301,3,Hangup()
exten => 501,1,Answer()
exten => 501,2,Playback(demo-echotest)
exten => 501,3,Echo()
exten => 501,4,Hangup()

Where dialling 301 puts you through to 501 and you hear the echo test message fine. However if I move 501 to the realtime database extensions table and remove it from extensions.conf asterisk hangs on the local channel dial, then completely dies a few minutes later (console stops responding to commands) with killall -9 asterisk being the only way to stop it.

In both cases I can dial 501 directly with no problem.

The last message on the console (with verbose 10) -- Executing [300 at internal:2] Dial("SIP/1014-00000001", "Local/501 at internal")

Everything works fine with the exact same setup and asterisk 1.8.1.2.

Thanks,
Nic.