[asterisk-users] Hide the plain text password

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Feb 15 10:39:46 CST 2011

On 02/15/2011 09:29 AM, C F wrote:

>> "Security through obscurity" does not work with open source software.
>>

> What a bold statement, are you telling me it works with closed source
> software? :P

Depends on your definition of 'works' I guess :-)

With closed source software, it takes rather longer to figure out a way
around the obscuring mechanism(s), but if enough people are interested
in doing so, they will. With open source software, pretty much anyone
can get around such mechanisms in a short period of time.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com