[asterisk-users] uptime

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Tue Feb 15 02:23:25 CST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 05:57 +0000, A J Stiles wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 Feb 2011, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> > Now this is what I call uptime...
> >
> > minipbx*CLI> show uptime
> > System uptime: 41 years, 7 weeks, 6 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes, 46 seconds
> > Last reload: 8 hours, 3 minutes, 51 seconds
> >
> > Bizarre bug?
>
> I'm guessting, this is a brand new machine on its first ever boot, with
> no "last bootup time" information saved anywhere.  So it assumes the last
> bootup date was 1970-01-01 00:00:00, i.e. "zero time" on all Unix-like
> systems.  That would explain the 41 years, anyway.

Reminds me of the time that people normally have to set the time always
after starting up. At that period (very first orriginal IBM-PC) there
was a manufacturer shipping a untested version of a
real-time-clock-chip, that had eight days per week.

Was eager to get one of those: nice to have a day for just playing with
the PC ;-)