[asterisk-users] Hide the plain text password

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Feb 14 16:10:13 CST 2011

On 02/14/2011 04:08 PM, Jian Gao wrote:
> I am building a server for a client. I want them to try out the new
> Google Voice feature using my GV account. But I don't want expose my
> GV's password.

There is no method to obscure a Google Voice password in the config
file. chan_sip supports obscured passwords using 'md5secret', but all
other protocols that Asterisk supports need the password in plaintext to
be able to perform the authentication process required by that protocol.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com