[asterisk-users] SIP Hardphone that works well with asterisk

Kai-Uwe Jensen kujensen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:20:15 CST 2011

> Currently most every phone works well, if the patch for Cisco
> subscriptions gets tested then I would say any non-skype phone.

Andrew, do you have any details on this patch? Is it in the bug tracker? I'd
be happy to try it out.

I've taken a patch from
http://fonality.com/trixbox/wiki/blf-busy-lamp-field-cisco-7975-how-apply-patch-trixbox-28-asterisk-16and
updated it for 1.8.x (stock, not trixbox, it that makes a difference).
It enables subscriptions and BLF on a 7970 just fine. However, it does not
renew subscriptions in case the asterisk server restarts. Never really
looked into it too deeply, but when * "goes away" it loses the subscriptions
from the Cisco. I believe the phone continues on, and neither side
recognizes the need to renew the subscription.

Thanks!