[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 & asterisk 1.8.22 ringlist.dat error

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Mon Feb 14 10:06:53 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:40 AM, James Miller <paramedic18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Day everyone,
>

> Yesterday I upgraded the firmware on my 7960 to Sip 8.12 as provided by
> Cisco, however now the phone does not and will not read the RINGLIST.dat
> file.  I’ve tried rebooting the phone, tried resetting the phone back to
> factory, have deleted the RINGLIST.dat file and reloaded the phone then
> reinstalled the RINGLIST.dat, and still the bloody phone will not read the
> file.
>

> I have not been able to locate anything in google about this kind of issue
> and am at a loss as to what in the world is the issue.

Have you run a tcpdump on the tftp server to make sure it is requesting the
correct file?  It might be asking for RingList.dat, ringlist.dat,
RINGLIST.DAT, etc. as capitalization seems to not be one of Cisco's
concerns.  (FYI, mine was RINGLIST.DAT, but I have no more 79x0's around to
test with) Try running this as root on the tftp server and look for a
request for the file:

# tcpdump -nn port 69

-Jonathan