[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 & asterisk 1.8.22 ringlist.dat error

Faisal Hanif faisal at vopium.com
Mon Feb 14 07:50:08 CST 2011

Better to report a BUG to cisco.

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of James Miller
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 6:41 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 & asterisk 1.8.22 ringlist.dat error

Good Day everyone,

Yesterday I upgraded the firmware on my 7960 to Sip 8.12 as provided by
Cisco, however now the phone does not and will not read the RINGLIST.dat
file.  I've tried rebooting the phone, tried resetting the phone back to
factory, have deleted the RINGLIST.dat file and reloaded the phone then
reinstalled the RINGLIST.dat, and still the bloody phone will not read the
file.

I have not been able to locate anything in google about this kind of issue
and am at a loss as to what in the world is the issue.

I have asterisk 1.8.2.2 installed with the FreePBX module with a 7960 just
recently flashed to 8.12.  Not sure what else you all may need but any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

James

"I see blindness, not as a disability, but more of an ability.  And Sight
actually, more of a disability because some people with sight tend to judge
others by what they see on the outside, whereas I don't see that. I just see
that which is in a person."  Patrick Henry Hughes, Louisville Kentucky,2008

Let us never forget our fallen men and women of the armed forces who's
future's were lost protecting the future's of the free world.