[asterisk-users] Possible dumb question: new kernel, new DAHDI?

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 06:12:34 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM, A J Stiles
<asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk> wrote:
> This might be a stupid question, but:
>
> If I install a new Linux kernel on a machine running Asterisk, do I have to
> recompile DAHDI?
>
> If yes, what do I have to do to get it to build just the kernel modules?
>
> (We use Debian here.  Squeeze has just gone stable, and it requires a new
> kernel.  Current is: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64, installed from Debian package;
> Asterisk 1.6.2.9; DAHDI-linux-complete-2.3.0.1+2.3.0; LibPRI 1.4.11.1, all
> compiled locally.)
>
> --
> AJS

You can svn up and rebuild at anytime.  It works quite well.  Test on
another system to see it in action.

Quick example would be...

cd /usr/src/dahdi-linux
aptitude install linux-headers-`uname -r`
svn up
make
make install
/etc/init.d/dahdi restart (or reboot if that is easier)

~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~