[asterisk-users] IP ban list by country

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Feb 14 00:54:39 CST 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Bruce B wrote:

> What sources do you use to limit SIP connecting customers to specific
> countries by IP (e.g. allowing USA and not China). It would help me a
> lot of you can note the sources you trust that are complete and up to
> date.

I compiled this list a few (6?) months ago by typing class A address
blocks into Arin.net's 'whois' web page and noting which Regional Internet
Registry it was allocated to.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/allocated-class-a-ip-address-blocks

After plonking this into a couple of production hosts, attacks of all
ports dropped dramatically.

I note there have been changes since then (128.0.0.0 was assigned to RIPE
back in November), so if anybody wants to 'refresh' and post changes,
please do.

--
Thanks in advance,