[asterisk-users] On-Hold Music

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Feb 11 20:12:19 CST 2011

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, ayodele abejide wrote:

> I am having problems playing files with the playback command, also with
> the Dial (A()) option this is the output from console:
>
> This is the dialplan:
>
> exten => 1003,n,Playback(home/abejide/Desktop/a.wav)

Don't specify the file type. Asterisk will try to find a file encoded and
formatted to match the encoding of the channel. Failing a match, Asterisk
will try to find a file it can transcode to match the encoding of the
channel.

Since you specified a relative path ('does not start with a slash'),
Asterisk will prefix (by default) '/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/' to your
path yielding:

 	/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/home/abejide/Desktop/a.*

is this what you want?

--
Thanks in advance,