[asterisk-users] Callback through extensions.conf?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Wed Feb 9 17:18:47 CST 2011

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:33:00 -0600, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at meg.abyt.es> wrote:
>Inotify for spoolfiles is supported starting in Asterisk 1.8.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm stuck with a 1.4 because it must be
patched to run on uClinux :-/

A possible explanation for this issue could be that Asterisk uses
fork() to handle call files, which isn't available on uClinux. I don't
have the courage to go through Asterisk's source code to understand
how pool_pbx.c is used to manage call files.

It looks like the simplest work-around is to use the "h" extension in
the dial lplan to insert a job in Cron that will call "asterisk -rx
"originate Zap/1 extension 123 at context" to make a callback. I'll have
to figure out how to save and retrieve the phone number from which the
user called and expects to be called back.

Thank you.