[asterisk-users] Defining what an extension should do after the Dial() command returns busy.

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Feb 9 16:56:36 CST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 14:37 -0800, Ernie Dunbar wrote:

> > On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Ernie Dunbar wrote:
> >
> >> It's nice to know that you've tried this and are presenting me with a
> >> proven solution.
> >>
> >> FYI, this doesn't work. Neither do any of the following variations:
> >
> > Off the top of his head, Danny put you into the 'ballpark,' a little bit
> > more googling on your part would have brought you home.
>
> No, actually I got lots of examples of very, very complicated dialplans
> that were about as clear as mud. But your example was much more helpful,
> if incomplete.
>
> The final answer (should someone else try to Google this problem) was a
> dialplan like this:
>

> exten => 27,1,Dial(SIP/foo,10)
> exten => 27,n,Goto(ernie,s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
> exten => 27,n,Hangup()
>
> Which would require a separate context like this:
>
> [ernie]
>
> exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(27,u)
> exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Dial(DAHDI/g1/5551234)
>
> ;; End of context
>
> Of course, each person who wants to do this kind of thing would require a
> whole new context just for their forwarding. All of the previous Google
> results I found were for far more generic uses of the s-BUSY and
> s-NOANSWER extensions, like operator messages for such results.

	You do not need a separate context for each extension but you will need
to keep the forward number somewhere like the internal asterisk database
so you can do a lookup.  Or you could use the Asterisk followme
functionality for this.  To simplify your example:

exten => 27,1,Dial(SIP/foo,10)
exten => 27,n,Goto(${DIALSTATUS})
exten => 27,n,Hangup()
exten => 27,n(BUSY),Voicemail(${EXTEN},u)
exten => 27,n,Hangup()
exten => 27,n(NOANSWER),Followme(${EXTEN})
exten => 27,n,Hangup()

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001