[asterisk-users] Callback through extensions.conf?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Wed Feb 9 06:28:43 CST 2011

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 11:47:09 +0100, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
wrote:
>Unfortunately, I checked how the uClinux kernel was configured for
>compiling, and the inotify is indeed selected by default :-/

Greping the Asterisk source code for "inotify" only returned a couple
of hits, in binaries (./main/logger.o and ./main/asterisk). So I guess
Asterisk doesn't use the inotify Linux feature.

Could it be that a Yaffs filesystem on a NAND flash memory handles
files in such a way that an application might not notice that a file
has been created?

As a work-around, is there an alternative way to schedule a call from
within Asterisk?
The appliance only offers Asterisk 1.4.x, and "originate" was
apparently introduced in 1.6.2
www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Originate

Thank you.