[asterisk-users] Callback through extensions.conf?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Feb 8 07:23:12 CST 2011

Thanks much everyone for the great help. I did go through the last
suggestions about the callfile (no CRLF issue, permissions are 644 and
file owned by root, starting asterisk through strace, etc.), but none
helped.

However, by chance, I happened on a pattern: The callfile is handled
only if I...
1. Stop Asterisk through its init.d script
2. Mv the callfile
3. Start Asterisk through its init.d script

Here are the commands I run, the little script I use to move the
callfile, and what it contains:
===========
/var/tmp> /etc/init.d/asterisk start
/var/tmp> ./mvSIP.bash
/var/tmp> /etc/init.d/asterisk stop
/var/tmp> /etc/init.d/asterisk start
===========
/var/tmp> cat mvSIP.bash
#!/bin/sh

cp callfileSIP.call.backup callfileSIP.call
mv callfileSIP.call /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
===========
Channel: SIP/xlite
Context: callback-dialtone-auth
Extension: s
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Archive: yes
===========

Once the callfile has been handled, it is moved from
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing to ./outgoing_done and has a couple of
lines appended:
===========
StartRetry: 2306 1 (1297171283)
===========

I don't know if it means anything, but here's the output of "mount" on
this appliance (the root filesystem uses yaffs for persistence):
/var/tmp> mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type yaffs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
ramfs on /var/tmp type ramfs (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)