[asterisk-users] Can a duration limit be specified in spool call file?

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 11:40:23 CST 2011

oh and didn't you guys already have your little histrionics sessin about
trimming the goddamned emails, mailing list etiquette about top posting
versus bottom, etc../..

My complaint is not something as trivial as where one should reply in a
mailing list email, or if one should trim emails every time he replies to
the list... The reason why I have my occasional bitch session at a few
emails is not that I want to be a policeman..it's twofold...

1. I don't let my son pull that shit when I know he can at least partially
figure it out...He'll learn it 4-5 times slower if he's just handed answers
to problems...Look at it this way, at least I only reply to emails playing
"mailing list policeman" (gotta love how that was thrown in just before the
gentlemen played his own version of enforcer of etiquette) occasionally...my
kid hears it all the time
2. I can only take so many years of doing my best to NOT be one of those
people who get a "ticket" from the list police, learning 98% of my trade by
experimentation and research, until I start feeling like it's fairly rude to
see the amount of "please give me the information without me having to put
in much work" that this list has become...go read the archives...it's
getting exponentially worse...

Let me close by saying, Bruce, I did go overboard on your email. I
apologize. You'll find that I don't do THAT often either, but I am a man,
and I'm not playing the "it's the internet so my balls are 250% bigger"
game.

Novack, I'll close by saying, have a nice day...and I'll keep trimming
occassionally, as I always have...what can I say, I'm not THAT concerned
with "space"...I have plenty of screens...etc...etc...

To the rest of you, I sincerely hope you didn't waste your time watching
this childish set of insults and rants...

*grabs a bucket...tosses water on the laptop***

flame off, here's hoping we can get back to work