[asterisk-users] IAX channel name incorrect - Found in 1.2 still happens in 1.6

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:45:56 CST 2011

Hi,

The following IAX config (slightly edited) causes an issue for me in
version 1.6.2.16.1, where my CDR data is unreliable.

[user1]
type=friend
auth=md5
accountcode=user1
notransfer=yes
context=context1
host=10.0.0.250
username=user1
secret=secret1
disallow=all
allow=alaw

[user2]
type=friend
auth=md5
accountcode=user2
notransfer=yes
context=context2
host=dynamic
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=10.0.0.0/24
username=user2
secret=
disallow=all
allow=alaw

If a call comes in from 10.0.0.250, using username "user2" and with no
password, then it is correctly authenticated against the [user2]
section.
    Accountcode is set to user2
    Context is set to context2
and the call mostly proceeds correctly, BUT the source channel name is
set to IAX2/user1-nnnn, which is then seen both in the dialplan debug
output, and in the CDR. I would expect the channel name to reflect the
section name that was used to authenticate the call ie.
IAX2/user2-nnnn; I specifically put a password onto [user1] so there
is no possibility that the call is authenticating there.

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Steve