[asterisk-users] Callback through extensions.conf?

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 04:06:52 CST 2011

> ... but Asterisk does nothing, altough "show modules" says that
> pbx_spool.so is loaded. Weird :-/
>
> FWIW, Asterisk runs as root, and root owns callfile.call.
>
> Maybe it's the uClinux or the Asterisk I'm using that's configured in
> such a way that callfiles don't work as planned.
>
> Apparently, there's no other way than callfiles to have Asterisk dial
> out from the dialplan?

ok,  first of all, it can take a little while for those spooled callfiles to
be executed in Asterisk...

Also, have you READ the callfile documentation? Maybe you've thought to
check the modification times for the files? Are the files you've created
still in the outgoing directory or are they somewhere else? If they're still
in the outgoing dir, then something is causing the call files to not be
executed....

Regarding your second inquiry....are you serious? I'm not trying to be mean,
but WOW... There are several ways to initate a call from the dialplan (as
well as other places)

The Dial command is pretty handy for that....just an example...

I'm going to have to stop assisting you at this point, it's apaprent you've
not done all your homework...To not know the 'h' extension was where you
could put dialplan commands to be executed after the calling channel hangs
up...that's in Asterisk 101...as is the Dial command, and a few other ways
of initiating calls...Hell, I'd venture to say that if I was taking a class
on Asterisk configuration, callfiles would be near the END of the section on
initiating calls, because they're quite often NOT used due to the presence
of easier methods...

Cheers bud