[asterisk-users] Callback through extensions.conf?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sun Feb 6 11:05:25 CST 2011

Gilles wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 16:27:35 -0500, Paul Belanger
> <pabelanger at digium.com>  wrote:
>
>> Easy enough.  I would suggest using Disa() for added security.
>>
> Thanks for the tip, but then, I would be charged for the call from my
> cellphone to Asterisk. I guess it's not a big risk to assume a call
> with my CID number is indeed from my cellphone, so I can just ring
> Asterisk a couple of times before hanging up and being called back for
> free.
>
> A couple of articles on dialing out through an FXO port say that
> Asterisk considers the call answered when it gets a dialtone, not when
> the remote number goes off-hook.
Not quite. It considers the call answered when dialing is complete
> Has this been solved in Asterisk
> 1.4.20 + Zaptel  1.4.3-1? Are there work-arounds?

Not really solvable, unless you move to a digital circuit. Few providers
provide answer supervision , at least in the US.

Later Dahdi code may do what you want IF, and only if, your provider
signals when the call is answered.

John Novack

> Thank you.
>

> --