[asterisk-users] Callback through extensions.conf?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Sat Feb 5 05:07:28 CST 2011

Hello

I'd like to configure Asterisk so that...
1. I ring it from my cellphone with CID number displayed, just to
notify Asterisk that I wish to make a call
2. Asterisk waits until I hang up, calls me back, and prompts me for
the number I wish to call
3. Asterisk puts me on hold through Flash(), which is apparently the
equivalent of hitting the R key on European handsets
4. Asterisk calls the number, and once the remote party has answered,
bridges the two channels

Ideally, I'd like to do this entirely through extensions.conf, and
avoid callling an AGI script or having to add Konference: This is an
appliance, so RAM isn't plentiful, it runs uClinux instead of
run-of-the-mill Linux, and I would like to avoid having to patch
Asterisk.

I've seen articles about Call files. Is this the easiest way to solve
this problem?
www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out

Thank you for any help.