[asterisk-users] PRI voice optimization

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:02:20 CST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 12:41 AM, DHAVAL INDRODIYA
<dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This posting regarding PRI voice optimization, on dahdi 2.1.0.4.
>
> we have more than 4 machine running on 4 port PRI card with echo
> cancellation hardware based.
>
> i have enabled echo cancel from chan_dahdi.conf using echocancel=yes, now
> more than 70% of call get good voice
> but some of calls having issue for callquality and other voice related
> issues. now my question is that is there
> any voice related parameter that we need to set for INDIA specific region
> and is ther any voice hardware tester for PRI
> that we can use and tell us our PRI [telco] provider that problem is not
> from our side. let give some idea . below are my configuration as well.

If 70% of calls get good quality then chances are its not your problem
for the 30%. Things to look at (for the 30%):
1. Any specific internal phones that this problem sticks with?
2. Other end a cell phone? or maybe VoIP?
3. Any bluetooth involved? Bluetooth IMHO is a disaster of a
technology when it comes to realtime voice as in phone conversations.
Worse than G.729. It should never be used for a professional business
conversation, wired headsets for cell phones still beat any wireless
solutions. For desk phones proprietary RF is far better than BT.
4. What type of call quality? A. Garbled as in under water (jitter???)
or B. Echo as in hearing yourself back after some ms? or C. Static
Select case
case A your end or far end?
case B your end or far end?
case C probably far end.