[asterisk-users] PRI voice optimization

William Stillwell william at stillwellsoft.com
Fri Feb 4 06:28:34 CST 2011

Posts untopped.

<dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> This posting regarding PRI voice optimization, on dahdi 2.1.0.4.
>>>
>>> we have more than 4 machine running on 4 port PRI card with echo
cancellation hardware based.

>>> i have enabled echo cancel from chan_dahdi.conf using echocancel=yes,
now more than 70% of call get good voice
>>> but some of calls having issue for callquality and other voice related
issues. now my question is that is there
>>> any voice related parameter that we need to set for INDIA specific
region and is ther any voice hardware tester for PRI
>>> that we can use and tell us our PRI [telco] provider that problem is not
from our side. let give some idea . below are my configuration as well.

<snip config>

>> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Gopalakrishnan A.N <saigop at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> It seems to be you are using Sangoma T1/E1 card with echo cancellation.
If I am not wrong there is a parameter for echo cancel in the card
configuration, > >> try disabling that because already you have enabled echo
cancel in dahdi file.

>> Hope it help.:)
>
> Hi Gopal,
>
> i am using Digium, Inc. Wildcard TE410P quad-span T1/E1/J1 card 3.3V card
with tata PRI lines.

> regards
> dhaval

Dhavel,

The TE410P doesn't have echo cancellation built in, do you have the
VPMOCT128 Echo Cancellation module attached?

The TE412P is the model with/Echo Cancellation hardware.

William Stillwell