[asterisk-users] Email alerts for trunks (peers)

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Fri Feb 4 04:51:11 CST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 15:43 +1000, Ryan Tucker wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm after a way to monitor our sip trunks (peers) and send an email if they go down.
> I know I could use 'asterisk -rx "sip show peers"' in a shell script but that seems messy,
> especially since I'd like to monitor it fairly closely (so I'd like to run it every 20 or 30 seconds or so).
> Is there a better way to do it?
>
> --

Just a thought...

I presume, correct me if i'm wrong, that if a peer goes down, it will be
completely unreachable, and not just the sip-part?

If so, i would have a look at the general management tools, like OpenNMS
Theses can monitor the presence, by means of ICMP, and can send alerts.

If not, you can still use OpenNMS, but you have to write a simpel (..)
script, like the line above (with some glue) so you can either read
asterisk out by means of snmp, or generate snmp-traps when a peer fails.

(perhaps these already exists?)