[asterisk-users] PRI voice optimization

DHAVAL INDRODIYA dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 23:41:56 CST 2011

Hi All,

This posting regarding PRI voice optimization, on dahdi 2.1.0.4.

we have more than 4 machine running on 4 port PRI card with echo
cancellation hardware based.

i have enabled echo cancel from chan_dahdi.conf using echocancel=yes, now
more than 70% of call get good voice
but some of calls having issue for callquality and other voice related
issues. now my question is that is there
any voice related parameter that we need to set for INDIA specific region
and is ther any voice hardware tester for PRI
that we can use and tell us our PRI [telco] provider that problem is not
from our side. let give some idea . below are my configuration as well.

# Autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
#

# It must be in the module loading order

# Global data

loadzone        = in
defaultzone     = in

span = 1,0,0,ccs,hdb3