[asterisk-users] Question about EuroBRI final 2 digits

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Thu Feb 3 13:45:46 CST 2011

Hello,
I have an installation in Austria; ISDN service provided by Austria Telekom.
The main number of the service is 6 digits. Incoming calls may contain 2
additional digits, which I then use to route the call to the correct
extension. Telekom sends me all the digits.

My problem is that when someone tries to dial an 8 digit number to an
extension from an outside analog phone, AT sends the call before they finish
dialing all 8 digits. Is there a way to prevent this, or to catch the
additional 2 digits somewhere in the stream? The receptionist is unhappy
because she gets all the 6-digit calls and must then transfer.

Is this a p2p vs p2mp issue?

Thanks in advance,
Cassius Smith