[asterisk-users] [newbie] Conference call

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Feb 3 04:18:17 CST 2011

Hello

	I've never used Asterisk for a three-person call, and would like to
check that MeetMe is the way to do this.

The ADSL modem provided by my ISP offers free calls to
landlines/cellphones when using a handset connected to an RJ11 port on
the modem.

A three-person call can be set up by using the standard PBX sequence:

1. Using the handset, call party #1
2. Hit "R" key on handset, which puts party #1 on hold and gives a
dialtone
3. Call party #2
4. Once both parties are off-hook, hit "R"+ 3 on handset to bridge
both calls and have a conference call

Is MeetMe the right way to do this in Asterisk, or should I look at
some other way?

Ideally, I'd rather go through a VOSP to avoid the extra
digital/analog conversion added by going through the FXO module, but
free calls are only available when using that port :-/

Thank you.