[asterisk-users] Asterisk Performance

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue Feb 1 17:14:01 CST 2011

On 11-02-01 05:22 PM, Juan David Diaz wrote:
> I would like to handle about 250 simultaneous (calls&  agents only) calls
> with PRI or a SIP trunk with the following configuration
>
> Dell R710
>
> Dual Intel® Xeon® X5650, 2.66Ghz, 12M Cache,Turbo, HT, 1333MHz or Single
> Intel® Xeon® X5650, 2.66Ghz, 12M Cache,Turbo, HT, 1333MHz
>
> Memory 12GB, 1333MHz
>
> RAID 1 - 1 Tb X 2
>

> Is that possible??

While it's certainly hard to accurately determine (without testing) what a
system can handle, that certainly seems like an adequate machine to handle that
kind of load, especially if you're not transcoding, doing much call recording,
etc...

(While that doesn't mean it can't handle all that, conferencing, recording calls
(disk I/O), and transcoding are the heaviest uses of resources in my experience.)

Leif.