[asterisk-users] How to disable srtp in asterisk 1.8.2.3?

Bob Beers bob.beers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:38:31 CST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
> Now that my “smart” answer is out of the way, did you try
>
> -          srtpcapable=no
>
> -          in sip.conf?
>

> reference: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+SRTP

I've been looking at the trunk (1.8.+) code recently wrt srtp configuration.

'srtpcapable' is not a parsed string in sip.conf.  The string does not even
 appear in the source code.

I would recommend that you check for all occurances of encryption=...
 in sip.conf and comment them out, though encryption=no should also work.

Can you show your sip.conf and a trace of the call with 'sip set debug on'
 that shows the a=crypto: line in the INVITE SDP?  It doesn't happen for me.
I am able to send INVITEs with or without the a=crypto: line by setting
 encryption=[yes|no] since 1.8.0-beta2.

HTH
--
-Bob Beers