[asterisk-users] High verbose set at console effects the logger file "Full" - Why is that?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 17:11:46 CST 2011

Hi everyone,

I am playing around with Asterisk 1.8.8.0 from Digium repository. This is
all there is to my logger.conf file:

*[general]*
*dateformat=%F %T*
*
*
*[logfiles]*
*full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose,dtmf,fax*
*
*
However, when I do, "core set verbose 0" at CLI, Asterisk ceases to write
to /var/log/asterisk/full file for some reason. When I type "core set
verbose 9" at CLI then it starts writing to /var/log/asterisk/full. Is this
the correct behaviour or am I missing a config setting?

Of course I want the /var/log/asterisk/full file to always keep the logs
regardless of what the verbosity at CLI level is.

Thanks