[asterisk-users] maximizing sound quality in 10.0

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Dec 27 13:34:17 CST 2011

Hi list,

            I have a set of 300 or so WAV files I was combining and playing
using playback/background in 1.4.X.  Now that I have moved on to the 10.0
set, I understand that I can replace my 8 Khz mono files with virtually
unlimited Khz mono files (still no stereo, but a quantum leap forward).
I've played with this and get good throughputs using SLIN44 formats on SIP.
The 2 questions I have are:

1.       Is Slin44 the format I should be settling on or has someone found a
combination they find preferable?

2.       While the SIP connections sound good, I still have to "talk"
through OBI110 DADHI devices and other UUCM type connections - any pointers
for juicing up the sound there?

Thanks in Advance

Danny Nicholas