[asterisk-users] how to listen on different sip port for a device?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Dec 26 17:22:28 CST 2011

On 12/26/2011 05:06 PM, James Sharp wrote:
> On 12/26/2011 04:15 PM, sean darcy wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the response. Home asterisk : 10.0.0 - Office: 1.8.8.0
>>
>> So I thought I'd leave all the sip providers on udp, and move the
>> home-office to tcp.
>>
>> And registration just work Just Worked over the default tcp registry
>> port - which I was surprised to learn was 5060, and not 5061.
>>
>> So it appears cablevision only blocks udp 5060.
>>
>> sean
>
> How about using multiple IP tables entries to redirect several ports
> down to 5060. Dunno if it would work, just a wild-hair guess. I should
> test it later.

It won't, because SIP signaling requires that the UAs include their own
addresses and ports in the signaling, which requires that they know what
they are :-) There are some tricks that can be used to get around it,
but they aren't trivial and they require that the mapping be done
bidirectionally by whatever is doing the SNAT/DNAT stuff.

--
Kevin P. Fleming