[asterisk-users] how to listen on different sip port for a device?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Dec 26 09:39:25 CST 2011

On 12/26/2011 08:55 AM, sean darcy wrote:
> I'm trying to allow access to the office from home. But the ip provider
> (cablevision) blocks udp 5060. I can see the register packets leaving on
> wireshark, but nothing received by office. Changed to port to 6111 and
> now the packets show up.
>
> In the server I've set port=6111 in the device in sip.conf, but * is NOT
> listening for 6111:
>
> netstat -an | grep 5060
> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5060 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
> udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5060 0.0.0.0:*
>
> netstat -an | grep 6111
> [root at PBX ~]#
>
> I can't see how to use bindaddr. I need * to also listen to 5060: that's
> what our sip providers use.
>
> So how do I get * to listen to two different ports?

The 'port' setting for a peer has nothing at all to do with where
Asterisk would listen for traffic; it defines the port number Asterisk
should *send* traffic to for a non-dynamic peer.

You didn't mention which version of Asterisk you are using, so it's hard
to give you concrete answers. All current versions of Asterisk can only
listen on one port for SIP over UDP traffic, but the versions that
support SIP over TCP can listen on a different port for TCP. If you are
using a TCP-capable version of Asterisk and a TCP-capable endpoint, you
can try that.

--
Kevin P. Fleming