[asterisk-users] Use different local IP for each SIP trunk

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Mon Dec 19 18:38:59 CST 2011

Hello,

I have a SIP provider whom I may want to have multiple trunks with, rather than just adding more channels to the individual trunk. I have discussed the matter with them & they have told me that the only way that they identify which trunk should be used for each call is simply by the source IP address that the SIP calls are originating from. They do not use sip username/password or any other means to authenticate the remote caller.

With that said, then it appears that the only way that I can have multiple trunks setup with them is to have asterisk use a different IP for all of the SIP & RTP traffic for each given trunk. Essentially I would setup multiple IP addresses on my eth0 interface. Is there a way in asterisk that I could configure it to use one local IP for the source in all SIP/RTP traffic for 1 SIP trunk & then a different local IP for the other SIP trunk?

Thanks,
-
Doug Mortensen
Network Consultant