[asterisk-users] Asterisk console suddenly extremely verbose...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:03:56 CST 2011

Hi there.

I started the console today to reload the extensions.conf file ; only
to be greeted with extremely verbose console.
Seems related to the zaptel card:

Example:
> Supervisory frame:
> SAPI: 00  C/R: 0 EA: 0
>  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> Zero: 0     S: 0 01: 1  [ RR (receive ready) ]
> N(R): 020 P/F: 1
> 0 bytes of data
voip*CLI>
< [ 00 01 01 2f ]
voip*CLI>
< Supervisory frame:
< SAPI: 00  C/R: 0 EA: 0
<  TEI: 000        EA: 1
< Zero: 0     S: 0 01: 1  [ RR (receive ready) ]
< N(R): 023 P/F: 1
< 0 bytes of data
Handling message for SAPI/TEI=0/0
-- ACKing all packets from 22 to (but not including) 23
-- Since there was nothing left, stopping T200 counter
-- Stopping T203 counter since we got an ACK
-- Nothing left, starting T203 counter
-- Got RR response to our frame
-- Restarting T203 timer

This is repeating every 10s or so...

Any ideas what this message means and is there a way to prevent it
from happening.
No changes has been made on this asterisk box in years (running old
1.4.25 "if it ain't broken" version)

Thanks in advance
JY