[asterisk-users] Best PBX for Call Centers?

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Dec 15 12:39:50 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Tarek Sawah <tareksawah at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hello List,
> I have customer with a 40 Agents call center. and is looking to install a
> PBX switch that can serve those agents.
> As per my experience i suggested Asterisk as i have tested it with Call
> Centers, however he has been advised not to use it although his provider is
> using Asterisk to send him calls. He has been advised to use Sippy which
> they claim is more stable than Asterisk.

More stable?  We have Asterisk servers that have run for many years without
being "unstable."  There's a pair of them in a colo facility that are 7
years old and haven't been touched in at least two years.  Just how many
more years do you need to be "more stable?"

Asterisk isn't perfect, but done right it's quite stable.  IMO, the people
giving you advice just don't know how to do it right.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve