[asterisk-users] TLS bug in asterisk?

Gregor Schaffrath grsch at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Dec 12 16:31:57 CST 2011

Hi folks.

I've got a problem dialing with my new Snom M9 via TLS on asterisk 1.8.7.1 .
Registration works like a charm - the phone becomes 'AVAILABLE'.
An INVITE is responded by a 401 to be expected, but then asterisk closes the TLS connection upon the Snom's ACK.

The authenticated INVITE the Snom sends immediately after the ACK meets a closed socket and merely triggers a TCP RST packet on asterisk's behalf.

There's no ERROR or WARNING put out on the asterisk CLI.
The only hint I get is asterisk complaining about not finding the CSeq anymore it used a second ago for the beginning of the dialog.

I couldn't really figure a reason for asterisk to close the connection when it should wait for an authenticated INVITE, so I posted the problem details in the bug tracker under
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19003?focusedCommentId=186012#comment-186012

I'd be very happy though, if someone could show me that this is not a bug, or how to work around it (I've got the Snom for about one more week, and then I'll have to decide whether to return it ;) ).

Cheers,
		Gregor.