[asterisk-users] Chan_sip How to store Register Call ID?

José Pablo Méndez Soto auxcri at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 13:32:51 CST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to store the Register Call ID along with the peer
info, or at least extract it from a log. What can be tweak in chan_sip to
accomplish this? To illustrate, if the phone REGISTER message Call-ID
header was something like 002584a2-58e40003-5b7b478e-f56e8005 at 192.168.1.200,
then I would like to retrieve it somehow for that peer.

I guess this might have some complications if multiple SIP clients register
from the same IP, but the contact header can be used to differenciate. I
see this is store along the Peers info and shows up from a sip show peer

I checked thesecurity_events.h project, it seems like it is still disabled
in Asterisk 1.8. Maybe if I could match REGISTER messages from that API, I
could initiate a logging action somewhere.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

 *José Pablo Méndez
*********