[asterisk-users] Mixing asterisk.conf, asterisk.ael and asterisk realtime

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Fri Dec 9 07:45:31 CST 2011

On 09/12/11 08:27 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm already mixing asterisk.conf and asterisk realtime architecture
> (Macros go in .conf) but is it possible to have a Macro in .ael, another
> in .conf and have them both be callable from the realtime database?

asterisk.ael just gets "compiled" into Asterisk dialplan (like
extensions.conf) anyways, so you can. You just have to follow the same
rules about there not being duplicate macro names, as the AEL and
dialplan logic is going to be combined together in memory.

Leif.

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk