[asterisk-users] ISDN PRI configuration

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Dec 8 11:17:22 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> In fact I was rather referring to the previous example in which a
> cable did run OK for years and suddenly stopped to.

My THEORY is that the driver chips on either end were wearing out and no
longer able to send or receive as well as they once did.  When you run the
correct pairs, the wires are twisted together.  This is important for a
variety of electrical reasons, too lengthy to cover here, but a quick
google search will give you a lot of info if you care.  If you use an
ethernet cable, you are using a pair of wires that is not twisted together,
removing the electrical advantage of twisted-pair cable.

> Obviously, the connector pins were still correctly set.
> If it stopped to work, then it must come from the electric signals and
> should explained through cable impedance or things like that.

Yes, exactly.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve