[asterisk-users] libpri / ISDN feature ECT (explicit call transfer)

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Dec 8 10:20:20 CST 2011

> > since version 1.4.12 the libpri package supports ETSI Explicit Call
> > Transfer feature:
> > http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/libpri/ChangeLog-1.4.12
> >
> > Does anyone know, how to use this feature in the dialplan? I can not
> > find any hints in the asterisk doc.
> Which Asterisk version are you using ?
> I think this feature need 1.8 and above (but I'm not very sure)

Yes.  You need Asterisk v1.8 and later to use the feature.

ECT is initiated and accepted with the ETSI(EuroISDN) switch type.

The dialplan is not involved with ECT when calls are transfered because
the calls involved are already bridged.  ECT is automatically initiated
if the chan_dahdi.conf transfer=yes option is set and a call is natively
bridged on the same span.

ECT is also used to update connected line information.

Richard