[asterisk-users] [OT]: Require suggestions - GSM Gateway <-> Asterisk

Sean McMaster sean.mcmaster at msn.com
Thu Dec 8 06:46:20 CST 2011

Hello,
I am looking for ideas and suggestions. I want to use a 16 port GSM gateway as a trunk for outbound/inbound. I will also have two PSTN phone lines coming into the Asterisk server. All calls will go to an IVR on the Asterisk PBX. Outbound from extensions will route to GSM-GW when the dialed number matches a pattern set in the GSM-GW trunk. And accordingly for the PSTN trunks. But that's not the problem. The problem is that this GSM-GW (Eurotech VoIP2All 16 channel gateway) doesn't handle SMS properly. It supports Email-to-SMS (that too, only from Outlook) and when/if a recipient responds to the SMS sent by the GSM-GW.. we cannot just reply to it. We will need to compose a new email to the same number. So, no, no thread based reply system.
I need to know if someone, who knows about this problematic setup, especially with SMS has an suggestions or alternatives.Thanks!